Tuesday 6 August 2013

REVIEW: Maybelline Baby Lips

The long awaited Baby Lips by Maybelline are finally out in the UK. The reason why I have been waiting for these lovelies is cause I am more of a lipgloss/lipbalm kinda girl rather than lipsticks. So when I saw these being used by youtubers in the US I knew this is something I would love. They come in 6 flavours. Iv bought just two at the moment. They got them in Cherry Me, Pink Punch, Grape Vine, Quenched, Peppermint & Peach Kiss. The two that I picked up are Cherry Me & Peach Kiss. I found them at superdrug. The weird bit was I went to the Maybelline section and dint find it and was walking away thinking there were only being sold online till I walked past the Nails sections and found them all placed with the nails accessories, how weird was that. While waiting for these to come to the UK I just knew they would cost a fortune BUT to my surprise they cost only £2.99 each. Very pretty Packaging, just so colourful and so girly. Real gorgeous colours.

Cherry Me

Cherry Me is a cherry/red tint coloured. More Cherry thou than red. I feel its perfect if you (which is me) want to try a red lip but is afraid to go so bold since uv never done it before. Cherry gives you this lovely red tint to the lips without making you feel your looking too bold. It just such a pretty colour. Smells gorgeous, and just by the name you would guess right that it smells just like cherries. Comes in a pretty orange packaging. Keeps my lips nice and moisturised. Doesn't leave any sticky feeling like some lip balms do. Since iv always had the habit of applying my Nivea care lip balm as a base and then add my lipstick or lip colour, with Cherry Me I wouldn't need to do that as I am getting both the benefits from just one. I can see Cherry Me being my favourite lip product for a while now.

Peach Kiss
Peach Kiss is a peachy colour with a brown under tone. I am not very impressed with the colour I get from Peach Kiss, cause it gives me something similar to my Nivea Care & my Maybelline Pink Brown. Does give more of a shine. Lips feel soft & non-sticky. Has a lovely peachy bubble gum smell to it. Comes in a Purple & Peach packaging. This is would used in days when I just want a bit of colour to the lips and nothing heavy. Wouldn't say I don't like it & wouldn't say its my favourite either.

OverAll
Cherry Me is definitely my favourite out of the two. Will certainly be wearing Cherry Me quite often. Love the smell of both the lip balms. I would re-buy them & buying the other flavours. The packaging is really pretty. Lovely price.

If you'v used them id love to know what you think of them and which one is your favourite out of the six.

Chinella,
Takecare.

No comments:

Post a Comment