Wednesday 10 July 2013

The Battle Between Concealers

I love concealers. I remember concealer being my very first makeup product I ever bought. Unfortunately I dint know the difference between cream & liquid concealers. At the moment I don't have a major collection of concealers but have 5 which I think is quite a lot (or maybe not)The concealers I currently have our Rimmel Stay Matte, Miss Sporty liquid concealer, Collections 2000, Maybelline Fitme & Boi-Ing from Benefit.


From Left to Right
Rimmel Stay Matte, Miss Sporty liquid concealer, Boi-Ing, Maybelline Fitme, Collections 2000


Rimmel Stay Matte

My very first concealer ever. Like I said before since I dint know the difference between cream & liquid concealers I dint know this wasn't the one for me. I am not going to talk negative about it just cause it dint suit me, if I knew it wasn't for me I wouldn't have bought it. If you have dry under eyes, this isn't for you cause it tends to get cakey & doesn't blend smoothly. I have even tried applying it just as iv applied my moisturiser thinking it would blend in smoothly but unfortunately it doesn't. It gets patchy on the dry areas. I have tried using it to cover blemishes and dint do me good either. This just isn't for dry skin.

Miss Sporty Liquid Concealer

My guardian Angel. Well I don't know how to explain how much I love this concealer. Blends in so smoothly under the eye. Covers blemishes really well. Gives a good coverage. Lasts longs, doesn't leave face cakey or patchy. A little bit goes a long way. Comes with Vitamin E & C. I don't like a completely coverage look, so on many occasions I have used this concealer as a foundation. I have mixed the concealer with my moisturiser and applied it all over my face and its gives my skin look covered yet natural. Even when applied all over my face it doesn't leave my face looking cakey at anytime of the day. Its a concealer I would always rebuy.

Boi-Ing

This was gifted to me when I bought a mobile. I don't think I would have ever bought it on my own as its so pricey. Id love to own every single Benefit product but unfortunately my pocket doesn't allow it. I am glad I dint buy it cause then it would have been a waste as I am not a fan of this concealer. Doesn't blend smoothly, I find, it drags my under skin when trying to apply it. Tried many different techniques to apply it thinking it would work one day, but unfortunately it hasn't. So for me its doesn't nothing good.

Maybelline Fitme Concealer

Its a concealer I don't love nor do I hate. I don't know if its the concealer or my skin but there are days its glides on so smoothly and there are days when it just makes me look like a freshly plastered wall. To get it right I have to do a lot of blending. Its not a concealer I can just apply under the eye rub/tap my fingers across and it sets in. I have to blend it really well. If I drag it under the eye it sets into my fine lines making it look larger than anything. I have to really gently tap it and blend it in for it to set well. So wont be buying this again.

Collections 2000

The reason why I bought this is cause I was looking to try a new concealer and all I could hear and read people talk about was collections 2000 concealer. I like this concealer. Blends well on my skin. Can get a bit cakey if not powdered properly. Just a little covers quite a lot. Covers blemishes really well. Fills in the fine lines under my eyes making my skin even. Works best as a brightener. Over all a good concealer. Will repurchase it.

These are my favourites & not so favourite concealers. What's your favourite concealer? Comment down below and let me know.

Chinella,
Takecare.

5 comments:

  1. I love the Fit Me one, I haven't tried any of the others. I used to like the wake me up too but that kinda clung like you say the Fit Me sometimes does with you?
    Do you wear concealers all the time?
    I feel like I need to because my jawline just goes breakout crazy!

    KewTeePye Bloglovin

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its disappointing :( do u have a review on any of the above you mentioned? would love to read them. I do wear concealer everytime m out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You.. These are the ones I have n am on a constant debate between them all so thought would be nice to blog about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! I quite like the Rimmel Stay Matte concealer, although my skin is more normal/oily so I can see why it didn't work with dry skin. I don't like Boi-ing by Benefit either I find it really heavy and cakey. Now following you on GFC and Bloglovin, can't wait to read more! :) x

    my beauty blog: www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Below you will understand what is important, the idea provides one of the links with an exciting site:
    top-5-best-concealers

    ReplyDelete