Thursday 27 June 2013

MUA's Britain & Irelands Next Top Model Palette Review

I am a big MUA fan. When I saw the update from MUA about this palette I just knew I had to get it. I am not going to beat around the bush I am just going straight into this review. The original price is £12 however the current price is only £7. Complete bargain. It comes with 28 eye shadows, 1 bronzer, 1 blusher, 1 highlighter & 4 applicators.

Packaging




A very pretty, 3D cover which shows you 6 different eye looks. It's a flip 3D, so if u tilt it you get to see three different eye looks. On opening the palette there are 22 eye shadows. A mix of matte and shimmer with two double sided applicators. When you slide it open to view the second half there is 6 eye shadows. All 6 are shimmer eye shadows. A bronzer, blusher and highlighter, with one 2sides applicator and a mini makeup brush. The palette comes with a lovely size mirror as well. Sides & back of the palette are gloss finish.

Colours & Swatches



The first row of eye shadows have 2 shimmer colours and 4 matte colours. The 1st colour being a light blue shimmer, 2nd brown matte, 3rd a silver, 4th mauve in matte, 5th a light yellow with green under tones in matte, 6th a peach in matte.
Using the applicators it came with I will do the swatches. The reason why I am using the applicator for the swatches is cause i think it give the actually pigmentation, where as using my finger and then on my forearm i am losing some of its colour on my finger itself.


The second row of eye shadows have 2 matte colours and 3 shimmer colours. The 1st is a light blue in matte, 2nd is a gold in shimmer, 3rd pink with mauve undertones in shimmer, 4th a pink with mauve under tones in matte, 5th a moss green in shimmer. The swatches are done with the applicator it came with.


The third row of eye shadows have 3 matte colours and 3 shimmer colours. Thw 1st is a nude/cream in matte, 2nd a blue with green undertones in shimmer, 3rd a brown in shimmer, 4th dark grey in matte, 5th purple in shimmer & 6th green in matte. Swatches are done using the applicator it came with.


The fourth row of eye shadows have 3 matte colours and two shimmer colours. The 1st is ash in colour in matte, 2nd is a dark blue/dark purple (could in wrong in describing the exact colour)in shimmer, 3rd a rose gold in shimmer, 4th a black in matte & 5th a dark grey in matte. Swatches are done just as above.


The fifth row which is in the bottom half has 6 shimmers. 1st a pink in shimmer, 2nd black in shimmer, 3rd grey in shimmer, 4th a shade of blue in shimmer, 5th green in shimmer & 6th gold with brown undertones in shimmer.


The last row has the bronzer, blusher & highlighter.

What I like About It

I love the colour selection. The mix of shimmer & matte. The fact that I have my eye shadows, blusher bronzer & highlighter all in one. The pigmentation of the shimmer colours are lovely with just once stroke using the applicator so it is definitely buildable if your looking for a deeper look. The palette has most of the colours from light going deeper and with shimmer. So one colour has three different shades. The blusher, blush and highlighter is really pigmented. My favourite is the last row of eye shadows they just gorgeous colours.

What I Dis Like About It

I really which the matte colours were more pigmented. Specially the brown which is on the first row, it is very very light. Even with trying to get as much as I could on my finger tip and applicator its still very light. Brown being my favourite colour it was a disappointment.

Do I regret buying it?

NO. My reasons for liking it are much more than why I don't. I am happy with this palette. Great price. Well designed. A thumps Up from me .
Hope this review was of help.

Takecare.

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I was going to get this but the colours weren't really for me:)

    Shonaelizabeth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You. I don't really have a palette that has a variety of colours in one & the fact that I have the blush, bronzer n highlight in the same palette I just had to get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am going to get it too!!this is amazing......found ur blog via google..visit me back?cindysplanet.com

    ReplyDelete