Thursday 27 June 2013

DIY Face & Body Exfoliator

I wont be surprised if you have come across this DIY before. There are many blog's out there on this one specific DIY. I can swear by this DIY and there was no way I could have a Beauty Blog and not do a post dedicated to this DIY. I use it as a face and body exfoliator. You will probably have every ingredient already in you kitchen cupboards or if not all 2/3 of them for sure. If you don't have them you don't need to search far to get them either.

Ingredients

Brown Suagr
Extra virgin olive oil
Honey

Method

The measurements I am giving is the amount I would require. You can add or lessen the amount according to your need. If I was using it only for my face I would use less & if I were using it for my body I would increase the amount.

Face : One teaspoon Olive Oil,
One teaspoon Honey (using it in this order helps get all the honey of the teaspoon),
One teaspoon Sugar.
Mix the three ingredients in a mixing bowl. Apply to your face and gently rub you face in circular motions. The reason why I say gently is cause the sugar is a bit corse so you don't want to be rough as the skin on your face is much more delicate than the skin on the rest of your body. So I give my face a nice scrub being extra gentle on my dry patches but being more generous in those areas. I usually do this for a min. Now cause I have oily skin throughout the year this works best for me as I don't need to moisturise my face after iv used this scrub. The olive oil leaves my skin so soft and moisturised and does wonders on the little dry patches I have on the apple of my cheeks. I only use a moisturiser after this scrub usually in winter as then my skin behaves really difficult with me. I use it once a week. If you have sensitive skin id advice on trying it out first and if your fine then use it once a week. If your wondering if you can make this and store it for later use, ahhhh m sorry I wont comment on that cause I have never done that, I always make fresh and just as much as I need so nothing goes to waste. I don't know how long you can store it for. So id advice if your new at it make only as much as u need at first and then gradually decided for yourself if you want to make extra to store away for later.

Body : This scrub is equally excellent for your body. After my shower I use this scrub starting from toe to my upper body. In the exact method as my face apply it to my wet skin and scrub in small circular motions all the way up. This exfoliator helps me in not only removing dead skin but also in moisturising my skin and getting my skin ready for shaving. RAZOR BUMPS yeeekksss HATE them. When I read that exfoliation helps in avoiding razor bumps I jumped into the shower used this DIY exfoliator and tried shaving & to my surprise WOW I noticed such a massive decrease in razor bumps. To add to the advantages of using this scrub, the olive oil in the scrub adds the extra layer over your skin which helps the razor slide across easily resulting in smoother skin. A complete win win situation. I use this scrub every time I need to shave.

All the three ingredients have benefits to the skin. So don't let any of these scare you away. They are all natural ingredients. Since I am no expert I can give you the basic benefits but if your looking for the benefits in more detail feel free to google it and ul get it all in detail.

Brown Sugar : Brown sugar does not contain any chemical preservatives so its not going to irritate your skin. It won't dry out your skin as you exfoliate it.

Honey : Honey benefits as a moisturiser to skin areas that tend to get dry and itchy. Honey is also chemical free.

Olive Oil : Olive oil is close to the natural oils your skin produces. It penentrates into your skin leaving it soft and smooth. It doesn't clog your pores at all.

This list can go on & on & on. Iv kept it short. As I said earlier you can get much more benfits if you search online. Hope you liked this DIY, if you do try it out let me know if you liked it as much as I did. If you have any DIY's for skin let me know id love to learn more.

Takecare.

No comments:

Post a Comment