Thursday 20 June 2013

Pamper Friday

I was debating if I should post this today or tomorrow but then decided to go ahead with posting it today just incase one of you let me know how you pamper urself so I could try something new tomorrow. So as the heading goes Fridays are when I pamper myself. As I love DIY's so my pamper Fridays are done at home. Its the day I pamper my hair,face,nails,skin. Am going to keep the intro short and sweet and get to what I do on 'pamper Fridays'

hair : I naturally have very dry hair and an extremely dry scalp. Am yet to come across a shampoo that helps me with the dryness in my scalp. If you know of any id appreciate your help. So what I do is I oil my hair. I use 100% pure coconut oil. There are a lot of benefits to coconut oil. Coconut oil moisturizes dry hair. Coconut oil prevents hair breakage and split ends, contributing to hair length. It stimulates hair growth by getting deep into its follicles. It adds shine &softness to the hair. It helps the scalp fight dryness & dandruff. There are a lot of benefits from using it, I could do an entire separate blog post just on coconut oil if you want to know more. How I use it is I heat it in the microwave for 30seconds. Coconut oil tends to get hard in cold weather. So I heat it to liquefy it and to help it get deep into my scalp. Once I heat it for 30seconds I just apply it on my hair from scalp to tip concentrating more on roots and end of my hair. I leave the oil on my hair for an hour minimum.

face : I start with heating my face to open up the pores. I use a towel in warm water and dampen my face. Then I use my face wash and give my face a really good wash, with the tips of my fingers in circular motions I massage my entire face and neck. Next I take my face exfoliator which is also natural and massage my face. I have oily skin but do have a few dry spots here and there. I use this exfoliator on my face and body. One spoon of sugar, One spoon of honey and one spoon of extra virgin olive oil. Give it a nice mix and massage it all over my face. I am very gentle with this process as I don't want to irritate the dry spots. Once m done I gentle wipe it off with the same damp towel. It leaves my skin soft, moisturised and really smooth. I don't apply a moisturiser after this process as the olive oil in the face scrub has already done that bit.

Nails : I start by removing any nail polish that i have on my nails. Make sure there isn't any nail polish on the inside of my nails aswell specially the corners. Take a bowl of warm water and soak my nails in there for aslong as the water is still warm. Take my hands out give it a wipe and massage my hands with coconut oil, as the back of my hands can get really dry at times.

skin : As I mentioned for my face I use the very same exfoliator consisting of sugar, honey and extra virgin olive oil. I exfoliate my entire body from toes to neck. Massaging in small gentle circular motions all the way up. This exfoliation also helps reduce razor bumps. So am a big fan of it. leaves my skin really smooth just like I want it.

Then am off to have a shower, get the oil off my hair and body scrub off my body. Get into my comfy pj's, make myself a cup of tea and that's my pamper Friday. Since this post was about pamper Friday iv kept it really short, but if u want me to write more in detail about any of the above id be more than glad to do so. Let me know what you do to pamper yourself id love to read and try out ur ways. Hope u liked this post as i loved sharing them with you.

Takecare.

No comments:

Post a Comment