Thursday 25 July 2013

How I Apply Lipstick

I wasn't a fan of applying lipstick initially till I bought my first one to give it a go. Since then its a makeup product I cant do without. When I did start applying lipstick I always ended up re-applying it since it wouldn't last long enough on my lips. Dint bother me at 1st but then I thought 'hold on, why am I having to re-apply this all the time' so I went online to look around for tips & tricks to see how I could minimise this. Came across many tricks & tips but one stood out & did the best for me. So this is what I do to make my lipstick last longer.


Lip Scrub: I use a DIY (Vaseline & sugar mix) lip scrub to remove all the dead skin from my lips. I apply it onto my lips like a regular lip balm and in small circular motions & give my lips a scrub. You could also use a toothbrush to scrub your lips gently. Lip scrubs not only remove dead skin of your lips but also help in making your lips look fuller.

Lip Balm: This is a step I do without fail, no matter what. I use Nivea care. Use a generous amount of it on my lips to keep it moisturised.

Base Coat: Next I apply a bit of concealer to my lips. Using my rimmel stay matte concealer. I apply a bit on my lips and dab it all over my lips to give a nice base coat. Even works as a lip primer helping your lipstick to stick on.

Lipstick: Apply my lipstick. Making sure I apply the lipstick from the centre of my lips going outward.

Blotting: Taking a piece of tissue, I place it in-between my lips and press my lips into the tissue.

Re-apply: Next step i just re-apply the lipstick.

Seal it in: Lastly i take another bit of tissue press it very gently to my lips & using a powder brush i take translucent loose powder and dab it on to seal the lipstick it.

DONE these are the few steps i follow to keep my lipstick on longer than before. Do you have any tips & tricks? Let me know, would love to read them.

Chinella,
Takecare.

2 comments:

  1. These are great tips to make lipstick last longer. For me, I am much more of a fan of the lip colors that are made to be long lasting. For instance the color stay 24 hour ones (I believe they are Maybelline?). I like them best because then I can eat, drink, and kiss my boyfriend without worrying that it will transfer off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. OH that's sounds lovely, will look into trying these. haha n I know what you mean by 'without worrying that it will transfer off'

    ReplyDelete